- 4 green onions
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 3/4 pound each, cut into 1-inch-thick slices)
- 2 tablespoons peeled, minced gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne) - optional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices)
- 1 large red pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (15-16 oz) pineapple chunks in their own juice
Preheat oven to 425. Mince onions. In bowl, toss 1/2 minced green onions with pork slices, ginger, soy sauce, Worcestershire, thyme, ground red pepper and allspice. Cover pork and marinate 30 minutes.
In a shallow 6-quart casserole, toss sweet potatoes, red pepper, remaining green onions and 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Bake, uncovered for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook pork until browned in 1 tablespoon hot vegetable oil. Pour pineapple chunks with their juice into skillet. Pour pineapple mixture, pork slices and any remaining marinade over vegetables in roasting pan.
Bake casserole uncovered 30 minutes longer or until pork and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
This makes a lot! You could half the receipe, or count on lots of leftovers.