- 1 1/2 lbs. diced tomato's (Appx. 1 1/2 cans)
- Appx. 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 oz. of fresh basil (silvered) - I just used a bit of basil flakes
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 3 Tbs of balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lb. smoked mozzarella cheese (I've also used 1/2 smoked gouda & 1/2 reg. mozzarella before).
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 lb Farafalle (bowtie) pasta
- 2 oz of Prosciutto (domestic is fine) (fried & chopped "crumbled")
Combine the tomatoes, garlic, basil, vinegar, oil and red pepper flakes, stir and let sit for at least 15 minutes. Cook pasta according to directions, drain, stir in shredded mozzarella (while pasta is hot) and combine, and then stir in tomato mixture. Pour into serving platter and top with toasted pine nuts and crumbled prosciutto and serve.
This is a very flavorful pasta. Of course I forgot to take a picture (I never remember). I'll have to add one next time I make it.