Monday, December 7, 2009

Sugared and Spiced Nuts


Want a sweet holiday treat that is sooo easy (but fattening... a good fat though, haha)?

Spiced Nuts

1/2 c sugar
1/2 tsp of: nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves (I didn't have cloves, so I used a 1/4 tsp of all spice)
1/4 tsp salt
8 oz of mixed nuts (I used unsalted whole pecans and whole walnuts; and I used about 1 1/2 cups)
1 egg white

Pre-heat oven to 350 (I had to do my oven at 325). Mix sugar, spices and salt in a bowl and set aside. Toss egg white with nuts until coated. Than toss in sugar and spice mixture. Stir evenly, than pour evenly across baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes (I baked mine 10 minutes; my oven is a convection oven) than break apart with a metal spatula and put back in oven for 5 minutes to dry out (I broke mine up than did 4 minutes, than broke them up and spread them out again and did another 4 minutes). Than, allow to cool for a minute, and than put on to a cool surface to cool and harden.
Enjoy!

No comments: