Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Candy Caramel Corn


We got this popcorn as a Christmas gift from our neighbors. It was huge, and we already had a ton of treats for the holidays. I was complaining about my neighbors trying to make me fat. Then I tasted it... Ryan and I decided to have a movie night after we put the kids in bed and we devoured this stuff. We ate until we were sick. And then ate a little more. It's that good. I had to ask for the recipe. Four months later and yes, it's still THAT good.

Popcorn (movie theater is best)
Almonds, whole (plain, not with a lot of flavorings)
1 C butter
1 1/3 C white sugar
½ C corn syrup
1 tsp vanilla

Melt butter in sauce pot. Add sugar and syrup and stir until boiling. Boil for 90 seconds, stirring constantly. With 10 seconds left, add vanilla. Pour over popcorn in a big bowl and stir until every kernel is coated. Add more popcorn if there is still extra caramel at bottom of bowl. Add almonds (as many as you prefer) and stir some more. Pour into serving container and cool. Enjoy!

No comments: