Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Chicken and Mango Salad with Chutney Vinaigrette


Another recipe from William Sonoma Eat Well. I know this sounds weird but it was so, so good. The vinaigrette was delicious! I might even try it with grapes instead of mangos next time. I cut this recipe in half for my husband and me.

Chicken and Mango Salad with Chutney Vinaigrette

1/2 red onion
2 ripe mangoes
4 cups shredded cooked chicken (I used small chunks)
2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
4 cups sliced romaine lettuce
1/3 cup peanut oil
1/4 cup Champagne vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
2 to 3 tsp. Asian chili oil *(optional, I didn't use it but I added a little chili powder)
2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped (I just put it in the food processor whole)
1/2 cup mango chutney
1/2 cup cashews, toasted (I just used regular Planters cashews and didn't cook them or anything)

Thinly slice the onion lengthwise, rinse under cold running water and drain well. Using a vegetable peeler, peel the mangoes, then cut the flesh away from the seed and cut the flesh into 1-inch chunks. In a large bowl, combine the onion, mangoes, chicken, celery and lettuce.

In a food processor, combine the peanut oil, vinegar, mustard and chili oil and process until blended. Add the garlic and chutney and process until pureed.

Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently. Serve immediately, or refrigerate for up to 4 hours and toss well before serving. Garnish the salad with the cashews just before serving. Serves 4.

No comments: