Sunday, May 22, 2011

Maple Almond Granola

I love granola. When I came across this recipe I was excited because it's got to be much healthier to make it at home. No preservatives and you can control how much fat and sugar goes into it. This is from my William Sonoma cookbook as well.


Maple-Almond Granola

1/4 cup canola oil (I cut back on how much I use, and also have tried olive oil and it is still just as good)
1/2 cup grade B maple syrup (I don't know what the grades mean, but I used grade A pure maple syrup)
1/4 cup honey
1/4 tsp. salt
4 cups rolled oats
1 cup coarsely chopped almonds (Raw, I chopped each in 1/2 or 1/3)


Preheat an oven to 325°F. Lightly oil a 12-by-15-inch baking pan.

In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, syrup, honey and salt. Stir in the oats and almonds, mixing to coat them completely.

Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared pan and bake, stirring every 10 minutes, until golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Let the granola cool completely.

Store the granola in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. I like it with fresh fruit and yogurt.

No comments: