Monday, May 16, 2011

Sour Cream and Onion Burgers


It's almost grilling season here so it's got me thinking of my favorite summer dishes. These burgers are my husband's favorite. My kids love them too. I always half this recipe for my little family of four (well, four and a half ;).

Sour Cream and Onion Burgers
2 lbs lean ground beef (I use 93% lean)
2 envelopes (1 oz each) onion soup mix
1 C sour cream (I use Light)
½ C dry bread crumbs
1/8 tsp pepper
8 hamburger buns
lettuce, if desired

Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat.

In large bowl, mix all ingredients except buns and lettuce. Shape mixture into 8 patties, about ½ inch thick.

Cover and grill patties over medium heat 11-13 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink in the center (meat thermometer should read 160). Serve with buns and lettuce and ketchup and mustard if desired. Goes great with steak fries, or sweet potato fries.

No comments: