Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Oatmeal Banana Pancakes


Oatmeal Banana Pancakes -Gluten and sugar free

Blend:
-1 cup water
-1 cup choice of milk (I used unsweetened coconut or unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
-1 Banana
-1 cup whole oats
-1 Tbls ground flax seed (I used the sprouted flax seed)
-1/2 tsp pure vanilla
-1/2 tsp sea salt
-1/2 Tbls agave nectar (or 100% pure maple syrup)
-1/2 Tbls coconut oil

After blending let it set for a few minutes to thicken, while griddle is heating up. Then these pancakes take a while to cook before you flip them, maybe 4 minutes first side and 2 the second (? not sure -the good news is, they are hard to burn. I have my griddle almost all the way to 400 and I don't ever burn mine).
Serve with 100% maple syrup or unsweetened applesauce with fruit, like chopped peaches, strawberries and/or bananas! Yum!!

No comments: