- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Cooking Oil
- 1/2 small onion (chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne
- 1 quart canned low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups (about a can) unsweetended coconut milk
- 3 tsp. Fish sauce or soy sauce
- 2 strips (3-inch long) lime zest
- 1/2 lb. egg fettuccine
- 1 lb. boneless (skinless chicken breasts (about 3) cubed
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 3 Tbsp. chopped cilantro (optional)
In a large pot, heat the cooking oil over moderately low heat. Add the onion and cook (about 5 minutes). Add the garlic, coriander, ginger, black pepper, and cayenne; cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
Add the broth, coconut milk, fish sauce, salt and lime zest. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, for 10 minutes.
Cook fettuccine until just done (about 12 minutes). Drain.
Add the chicken to the soup and simmer until just done (1 1/2 minutes). Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the fettuccine, lime juice and cilantro (if using). Serve the soup in bowls with a fork and spoon.