Sunday, October 19, 2008

Walking Taco



This is like a seven layer dip, but I don't do seven layers.

  • Beans (black beans or refried, I like the low fat seasoned refried, chili-lime I think)
  • Sour Cream
  • Taco Seasoning
  • Salsa
  • Cheddar Cheese
  • Tortilla Chips

I usually use black beans and I mash them up in a frying pan and cook them a little, adding some chili powder, garlic salt and cumin. If you use refried, you don't have to cook them or do anything to them. Spread on the bottom of a 8x8 pan, or other small dish. Mix sour cream with taco seasoning in a bowl. I use a lot of sour cream and maybe half the seasoning packet. I like a pretty thick layer of sour cream since it's the best layer. Spread over beans. Spread a thinner layer of salsa next and top with shredded cheese. Optional layers: smashed avocados (after beans, before sour cream), olives and green onions on top of cheese, or anything else you want. Dip chips and enjoy!

No comments: